Below is a list of the best Dipping sauce for coconut shrimp voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
Coconut Shrimp is always a restaurant menu favorite, but what if I told you that you could make it at home in under 20 minutes? With a crispy golden-brown coconut outside and juicy shrimp inside, this easy-to-make fried coconut shrimp recipe will be your new appetizer go-to!
Served with a sweet and tangy dipping sauce, this easy homemade fried shrimp recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Looking for more shrimp recipes? Try these Crispy Shrimp Po’boys and this Pesto Shrimp Pasta that everyone LOVES!
Coconut Shrimp is one of those perfect appetizers that I always get whenever I see it on a restaurant menu! That deep fried crispy coconut shrimp is one of my favorite appetizers (sometimes I order it as a main dish).
So, I decided to make it at home. Turns out, they’re super easy to make.
Who needs the restaurant when you have a home kitchen just ready to fry up these crispy golden treats?
How to Make Coconut Shrimp
Let’s start with the basics! You’ll need the items below! Starting with jumbo shrimp, let’s make sure we have everything we need!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Jumbo Shrimp, thawed (make sure you buy raw shrimp)
- All-Purpose Flour
- Seasonings: Red Pepper Flakes for a little heat, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder
- Panko breadcrumbs and Sweetened Coconut Flakes for the crispy golden breading (you can use traditional breadcrumbs if that’s what you’re able to find at your grocery store)
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Honey – because I like to drizzle honey on top to bring out the coconut flavor!
For the sweet dipping sauce, you’ll need coconut cream, crushed pineapples, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, lemon zest, powdered sugar and more sweetened coconut flakes!
Now that we’ve got everything together, let’s make this delicious coconut shrimp!
- Rinse shrimp and soak in milk for 10-15 minutes. While shrimp is soaking, begin heating oil over medium heat. Then fill a pot with 3 inches of vegetable oil and heat until about 340-360 degrees.
- Gather three mixing bowls. In one bowl, add flour, red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. For the second bowl, add eggs and whisk with a fork. In the third bowl, combine panko and sweetened coconut flakes.
- Take shrimp and add it to the flour mixture, ensuring that it is coated on both sides. Then submerge in the egg, then dredge in the panko/coconut flakes mixture. Add to a cooling rack and repeat the process. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Fry shrimp, 3-4 at a time, until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from oil and place on a cooling rack or paper towel.
- Add to a serving dish and drizzle honey on top.
how to make coconut shrimp sweet dipping sauce
Add crushed pineapples, coconut cream, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, sweetened coconut flakes, powdered sugar, and lemon juice and zest!
Pulse until everything is combined. Hence, so simple and easy but so delicious!
TIPS FOR MAKING COCONUT SHRIMP
- Make sure your shrimp is thawed prior to cooking. I recommend using frozen jumbo shrimp for the best results!
- To make this cooking process go smoothly, set up three bowls. One bowl for flour (to dredge the shrimp), another bowl for the eggs, and the third bowl for the panko and coconut flakes dredge.
- Heat your oil to about 340-360 degrees F to prevent shrimp from burning/cooking too quickly!
- Squeeze lime on top of your shrimp for a little lime juice action. It’s so good!
more easy shrimp recipes!
- Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Garlic Lime Ranch
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Cajun Seafood Boil with Garlic Butter Sauce
- Crispy Shrimp Po’boy with Old Bay Sauce
- Spring Risotto with Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Shrimp Salad Rolls
- Avocado Citrus Shrimp Salad
Want more delicious and beautiful recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter, where you’ll hear about new recipes FIRST and get tantalizing and exclusive perks!
Let’s stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! Also, if you decide to make this recipe, please leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below! Tag @BritneyBreaksBread on Instagram and hashtag #britneybreaksbread so I can see your creations! I hope that you love this recipe as much as we do!