Here are the best information and knowledge about Best permanent red hair dye for dark hair voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
If you want to take your hair color to a whole new level, the best thing you can do is go for red. With this fiery shade, you can surely be the apple of everyone’s eye. Not only that, coloring your hair red will give you that edgy badass look that will undoubtedly boost your confidence.
Truly, redheads get the most fun. And you know the best part? You can achieve great-looking red hair without visiting the salon! It’s now possible to upgrade your hair color and enjoy salon-quality results in the comfort of your own home.
But of course, it will all start with finding the best hair dye for redheads. So whether you’re looking for natural-looking auburns to the brighter shades of rubies and crimson to the more muted yet equally sophisticated burgundies, there’s a red hair dye for you.
Check out our list of the best red hair dyes below:
1. Punky Fire Semi Permanent Conditioning Hair Color
The Punky Fire Hair Color is the best semi-permanent red hair dye on this list. This option is highly recommended for people who want to try out red hair but are not yet ready to commit to it.
We liked this red hair dye most because it comes with a color-boosting keratin complex so that you can enjoy vibrant red hair for up to 36 shampoos.
Not only that, the hair color doesn’t contain ammonia, so it’s non-damaging and can keep your hair healthy and beautiful. It’s also formulated to condition hair and leave it soft, shiny, and moisturized.
- Application takes only 15 minutes.
- Semi-permanent hair dye so you can try out a new look with zero commitments.
- It’s long-lasting- up to 35 shampoos.
- The dye has a vegan-friendly formulation.
- It’s also ammonia-, cruelty-, and paraben-free.
- It’s hard to remove from stained skin.
- The dye bleeds for weeks.
2. L’oreal Excellence Hicolor, Red Magenta Highlights
Do you want to achieve a beautiful red hair color but don’t want to bleach your dark hair? Then, we’ve got the solution for that. The L’Oreal Hicolor in Red Magenta Shade is the best red hair dye for dark hair/without bleach.
In addition to its convenient bleach-free process, the hair dye comes in a rich no-drip crème texture that’s easy to apply to your hair without creating any mess. In addition, the dye offers a true-to-shade color that is resistant to fading.
The dye is also available in other red shades, including Copper Red, Copper, and Red.
- It’s easy to apply, thanks to its creamy texture.
- Fast application time—only 30 minutes.
- No pre-lightening/ bleaching is required.
- It creates a vibrant color.
- It’s not recommended for coloring light hair.
- No measurer kit included.
3. The Henna Guys Natural Red Henna Hair Color
If you want to go down the natural route, you may check this one from the Henna Guys. We consider this to be the best natural hair dye as it has a 100% natural formulation. Additionally, it doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals and metallic salts.
This plant-based hair dye uses high-quality ingredients and fresh plant extracts to ensure that your hair is safe and beautiful. All the ingredients are triple cloth sifted to create a smooth paste that you can easily apply to your hair.
- It comes with a basic application kit like gloves, instructions, and a shower cap.
- All ingredients are ethically sourced and manufactured.
- It is made of plant-based ingredients like false daisy, henna, and amla.
- A small amount of this dye already goes a long way.
- It’s not recommended for dark hair.
- The dye will not deliver 100% gray coverage.
4. L’Oreal Paris Colorista 1-Day Temporary Hair Color Spray
Do you want to be a redhead for just a day? The L’Oreal Paris Colorista is the best temporary red hair dye that you can use to achieve your redhead dreams, even for just a few weeks.
Spray, splash, and repeat—this is how you use this temporary hair color spray. With just a few sprays, it will give your hair a gorgeous vibrant red shade with no bleaching needed!
With this hair spray, dyeing your hair is now made a whole lot easier!
- Its application is fast, easy, and convenient.
- The color fades after just one wash.
- It offers full coverage even on gray hair.
- The spray doesn’t contain harmful chemicals and is gentle on the hair.
- It’s also effective in coloring wigs and weaves.
- It may cause hair to stiffen.
- The nozzle spray delivers too much amount of dye.
5. RAW Neon Red Demi-Permanent Hair Color
Are you ready for fiercer red hair? The Raw Neon hair color is here to help you get the red hair of your dreams. This is a demi-permanent hair dye that will lend a vibrant red hue to your hair for 3 to 6 weeks. This dye can last for up to 30 washes so that you can enjoy your gorgeous hair for longer.
The dye is known for its safe and non-damaging formula free of PPD, parabens, and ammonia which are chemicals known for causing hair damage and dryness. It’s also considered a conditioning hair dye so you can enjoy softer and healthier locks.
- It’s made in the USA.
- The dye has a veggie-based and cruelty-free formulation.
- It works on all hair types and textures.
- It doesn’t have to be mixed with an activator or developer.
- The processing time only takes 15 minutes.
- It requires bleaching.
- The red hue may fade to orange-ish over time.
6. ARCTIC FOX Vegan and Cruelty-Free Hair Color Dye
The Arctic Fox Color Dye in Poison is probably the truest and fiercest red hair dye that you can get your hands on. And since it has a slight orange undertone, you don’t have to worry about it fading into a pink shade. Instead, as time goes by, it will become a lighter version of itself which is still gorgeous.
The dye is formulated to provide gorgeous color to the hair without damaging it as it doesn’t contain ammonia and other harmful chemicals. More than that, it’s also said to be extremely hydrating, so you don’t have to worry about hair dryness too.
- It has a sweet scent.
- The dye is 100% vegan and doesn’t contain animal byproducts and harmful chemicals.
- It’s made in the USA.
- The dye won’t stain your skin, sink, or clothes.
- This won’t fade to pink. s
- Pre-lightening treatment is required.
- It will only produce a subtle tint on dark hair.
7. Clairol Professional Texture and Tones Permanent Hair Color
The Clairol Professional Texture and Tones Permanent Hair Color are specially formulated for textured hair. In addition, the 4C Cognac Shade is the perfect shade for those who are looking for a red shade with warm undertones.
In addition to delivering vibrant color results, this hair dye takes excellent care of the needs of textured hair thanks to its special formulation that contains 5 botanical extracts. One of which is the hydrating and nourishing Jojoba oil. Its unique formulation prevents dryness associated with texture hair.
- It delivers 100% gray coverage.
- The dye works best for textured hair.
- It has a rich moisturizing formula that deeply conditions the hair.
- The formulation is ammonia-free.
- It contains nourishing and hydrating 5 botanical extracts.
- It may cause scalp irritation.
- In addition, the dye will not deliver great results on dark hair.
8. L’Oreal Paris Superior Preference Fade-Defying + Shine Permanent Hair Color
Gorgeous color and shiny hair—who doesn’t want this? Lucky for you, the L’Oreal Paris fade-defying + Shine hair color can give you both!
For a classy red shade, the Intense Red Copper is your best bet. This can last for up to 8 weeks with minimal to no fading. In addition, the dye creates a multi-dimensional color for a more natural and healthy look.
It also includes a Color & Shine Conditioner formulated with vitamin E, golden camelina oil, and a UV filter for shiny, soft, and silky hair.
- It comes with shine serum for silky and shiny hair.
- The dye provides natural multidimensional color to the hair.
- It works on dark hair quite well.
- The dye delivers a true-to-color shade.
- It has a liquid-gel consistency that’s a bit difficult to work with.
- The dye has a strong chemical smell.
9. Schwarzkopf Color Ultime Permanent Hair Color Cream
Intense color that doesn’t fade—this is what you can get from the Schwarzkopf Permanent Hair Color Cream. This has a fade-resistant formulation that can deliver vibrant red color for up to 9 weeks!
Not only that, but this hair color cream is also formulated to boost your hair shine that will surely make your hair more eye-catching. This is all thanks to Schwarzkopf Diamond Brilliance Serum. It also has UV filter technology that will protect your hair from the harmful rays of the sun.
- It can last for up to 9 weeks.
- Also, the color won’t fade over time.
- Inside the box, you can find an application bottle with a developer, color cream, conditioning treatment, and a pair of gloves.
- The dye is an innovative High Definition Pigment mix that provides vivid colors to the hair.
- You may need to use 2 boxes if you have long hair.
- It doesn’t smell good.
10. Sparks Long Lasting Bright Hair Color
The Sparks Long Lasting Bright hair Color is a permanent dye so you can enjoy your red hair without worrying about fading and bleeding. The hair dye also delivers a salon-quality hair color—all thanks to its rich pigments and vibrant color.
What we liked most about this dye is it’s so versatile. You can use the dye on its own to get gorgeous red hair or mix it with other shades to create a unique and stylish look.
- The dye fades well.
- This is one of the longest-lasting dyes on this list.
- No developer is needed.
- The dye is vegan-friendly.
- You can mix this with other Sparks color.
- It doesn’t look as good when applied to dark hair.
- If you have dark hair, it will require bleaching to achieve a vivid color.
FAQs on Hair Dye for Redheads
What to consider when buying a red hair dye?
The most important thing to consider would be the type of hair color. Do you want a permanent, demi-permanent or semi-permanent hair dye? Go for permanent if you want the color to last longer, while a semi-permanent dye is recommended if you want to try out the color for a few weeks.
Another essential factor would be the shade of red you should choose. This would depend on your skin tone.
How to find the right shade of red hair for your skin tone?
The rule of thumb in choosing a shade of red for your skin tone is this: the fairer your skin, the lighter shade you should go for.
For neutral skin tones, copper reds are your best bet. On the other hand, fairer skin tones would work best with lighter reds to strawberry hues. Lastly, rich reds will match darker skin tones perfectly well.
Does red hair dye fade quickly?
Yes, it does. It’s the hair color that fades the most quickly because the molecule of red color is quite big, making it difficult for the molecule to penetrate deeply into your hair cortex.
It just sits on the surface of your hair, so it can easily be washed away when you shower.
How to keep red hair vibrant?
This will all boil down to your haircare routine. If you wish to preserve the rich color of your red hair, you should shy away from shampoos with SLS and opt for color-safe sulfate-free shampoos instead.
Additionally, you should condition your hair frequently and protect it from UV rays.
Red is the most challenging hair color to achieve, but it’s also the most rewarding. While you may find it challenging to achieve the perfect red hair, all your hardships will be well worth it when you finally get the color you want since your hair will indeed look amazing.
The key to getting the perfect red will depend on the red hair dye that you will choose. We hope you can find a suitable dye for you from the list of the best red hair dyes we’ve shared with you.