Here are the best information and knowledge about How do i move files from google drive to icloud on my iphone public topics compiled and compiled by our team
Here’s how to move iCloud to Google Drive – download and install the desktop apps for both. Afterward, open one Google Drive Window and one iCloud window. Next, select everything in your iCloud and drag it over to Google Drive. The files will then sync to the Google Drive cloud.
Do you use iCloud and want to transfer your data to Google Drive? Or do you have an iPhone and want to make the complete switch to Android, plus take all of your iCloud data with you?
You’re in luck!
You can easily transfer iCloud to Google Drive with these four methods. They are quick, simple, and you can do them all on your computer.
Let’s get started!
4 Ways To Transfer iCloud To Google Drive
iCloud and Google Drive are two of the most popular cloud storage services on the market. This is because iCloud is the default cloud storage for iOS devices, while Google Drive is the default for Android.
Both are great with ample free storage and even additional storage for a monthly fee. iCloud provides you with 5 GB of free storage space. You can purchase a 50 GB option for $0.99 per month, or 200 GB for $2.99 per month, or 2 TB for $9.99 per month.
Google Drive, on the other hand, gives you 15 GB free storage with a 100 GB plan costing $1.99 per month. There is also a 200 GB option, which costs $2.99 per month, and a 2 TB option costs $9.99 per month.
While iCloud and Google Drive are both stellar, there are limitations to each service on the opposing platform. iCloud doesn’t have a dedicated app for Android, so to access iCloud on Android, you typically have to use your mobile browser.
There is a Google Drive app for iOS, however, you’ll find that it has its limitations, and it is not as seamless on iOS as it is on Android devices.
That’s why it’s always a safe bet to transfer your iCloud to Google Drive if you’re making the switch from iOS to Android.
Using iCloud & Google Drive Desktop Apps
Both iCloud and Google Drive have desktop apps. For this method, I’ll show you how to transfer files from iCloud to Google Drive using both desktop apps for PC.
Here’s how to do it:
- Download the iCloud desktop app from the Microsoft Store. Once it’s finished installing, launch the app.
- Log into your iCloud account and allow the iCloud drive to sync to your desktop.
- Download and install the Google Drive desktop app.
- Log in to the Google Drive desktop app and allow it to sync your files to your desktop.
- Now that both apps are set up, open one File Explorer window for Google Drive and another for iCloud.
- While holding Ctrl, select the files you want, then drag them from the iCloud folder to the Google Drive folder.
- Your iCloud has now been successfully transferred to your Google Drive.
Using Google Drive Web
- Open the iCloud Drive folder on your desktop.
- Afterward, open Google Drive in your web browser and log in.
- In Google Drive Web, click the Add New button, select Folder to create a new folder, and name it.
- Next, open both windows side by side, then drag and drop your iCloud files into the new Google Drive folder to instantly upload them to Google Drive.
- You’ll see a progress bar displaying the approximate time it’ll take to upload. Once it’s completed, you’ll have successfully transferred iCloud to Google Drive.
The iCloud website allows you to access iCloud from any browser. Here you can access your contacts, reminders, photos, videos, documents, and more. You can use the iCloud website to transfer these types of files to Google Drive. However, you can’t use it to transfer backups, such as WhatsApp backups.
For this tutorial, I’ll transfer use iCloud.com to transfer photos to Google Drive.
- Go to iCloud.com in your browser and log into your iCloud account.
- Select Photos to access the photos and videos stored on your iCloud.
- Select the photos that you want to download, then click the download button in the top right-hand corner of the screen. You can hold Ctrl to while you click the photos you want to select multiple photos.
- Since you downloaded multiple photos at once, iCloud will zip the files into one. Go to the Downloads folder on your desktop, right-click on it, then select Extract Here to unzip the folder.
- Next, move the iCloud Photos folder from the Downloads folder to the Google Drive folder on your desktop. Google Drive will then sync the iCloud Photos folder from your desktop to the cloud.
Without Any Desktop Apps
- Follow steps 1 – 4 from the previous section.
- Afterward, open Google Drive in your browser, click the Add New button, then click Folder Upload.
- Select the iCloud Photos folder to upload.
- You’ve successfully transferred iCloud to Google Drive using only the web versions of iCloud and Google Drive.
Transfer iCloud To Google Drive – Wrapping Up
What’d you think about this tutorial?
Transferring iCloud to Google Drive is quick and easy.
In addition, you also have multiple ways to do the transfer. You can either use the iCloud desktop app or website to transfer iCloud to Google Drive. This also means that you can easily transfer iCloud to Google Drive without your iPhone or iPad.
Now more than ever, switching between iPhone and Android is a fairly painless procedure.
If you use WhatsApp and you only want to take that with you, here’s how to restore WhatsApp on Android from iCloud. If you have a WhatsApp backup on Google Drive, you can also move it to iCloud. And if you need to move your WhatsApp back to your iPhone, do it easily by following these steps about restoring WhatsApp from Google drive to iPhone.
If you’re only looking to take your contacts with you from iPhone to Android, here’s how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android.Be sure to comment below and share this tutorial with those who need help learning how to transfer iCloud to Google Drive.